Email and Calendar Overview
- Log in at https://mail.google.com
- Use the username and temporary password provided by MCCPS staff
- Initial Setup:
- Signature: Settings>General>Signature (Name, position, contact)Labels: Settings>Labels>Create New Label
- Archive all school-related email, especially if the conversation might be need in the future
- Avoid email time traps: Keep it to 5 sentences or less, pick a specific time to sort through your email (maybe not first thing in the morning)
- Send the emails to specific people or groups, use the email@example.com email address sparingly
- Emotionally charged communication should be done in face-to-face if possible.
- Seth Godin's relevant Email Check list
- FastCompany's 'Should I Sent That Email?'
- Access calendar either through navigation bar (available after logging in through email) or by logging in directly to:https://www.google.com/calendar using your email login.
- You have your own calendar as a default.
- Go to the Calendars' page and subscribe to the following calendars:
- Professional Development
- MCCPS Events
- Use the +Google Calendar button located at the botton of each calendar
- Meeting times and agenda are posted through the calendar. Check often (especially as the event approaches)
- Some grade levels create shared calendars for their team and/or student. Check to see if there is one your team might use.