posted Nov 4, 2009, 1:28 PM by Matt Cronin
updated Nov 4, 2009, 1:30 PM
- Accomplishing task independently
- demonstrating in a variety of assessments, with multiple opportunities, and showing consistency
- Does expressing in one modality indicate proficiency?
- Assess of content vs. assessment of skill
- Need common language (academic vocabulary)
- Kid friendly language
- Degree of difficulty matters, standards are interpreted differently by different teachers.
- Uniform rubrics
- How do we communicate proficiency when putting the grades into teachers corner
- Dealing with grade level spans, divvying up grade level spans.
- Reliable (assessment receives same score across teachers) and valid (score actually measures what it is supposed to)