Faculty Home‎ > ‎Leadership Team‎ > ‎

Leadership Team-May 9, 2012

6th grade Camp(Molly D.)
Coverage for recess during MCAS(Molly W)
Carol is tired
Nothing new from Kay
survey for teachers re: HoS job performance in 2 weeks
Planning for a 1-1 program (Matt)

Nina met with parents this AM re: discipline and homework policies (they spent an hour talking about homework and grading)
Comments from Mike Conlin-thinks referral is more powerful than detention.  
Other comments-Matt agreed with Molly...homework is different that putting your hands on someone....
need consistency re: contacting parents...staff needs to process and agree on consistency with class behavior etc...some positive results from assigning detention...
Share student related issues & expectations....Team to IA & IA to team
Setting norms for collaboration
Global Theme Conversation @ end of year
Essential Habits...MAPS

Agenda for Next Meeting
Appreciative Inquiry
7 Habits Summary?  Hyde Park turn around? 


Leadership Team-April 25, 2012

posted Apr 25, 2012, 11:38 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Apr 25, 2012, 11:39 AM ]

Reviewed notes from last meeting (CCE participants did not attend)...notes on board in Nina's office
What do teacher leadership and professional dialog look like?

Establish norms & protocols ahead of time 
Year-long global themes?  Create new Global Theme? Each grade studies a different year-long theme? Conversations with staff re:  global themes
grading inconsistances...definitions of C, D, & I
Expansion? Regionalize? 
Why...expansion of literacy....STEM and Arts...double down on project based learning
Next steps:  Determine programatic reasons for regionalization.

Leadership Team-April 4, 2012

posted Apr 4, 2012, 11:07 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Apr 4, 2012, 11:26 AM ]

Jed working on CPR...will not attend Leadership Team for the next few weeks
Evaluation protocol...evidence of student growth...new teaching schedule April 30-May 28...then MAP Work
   PD for documents understanding document?
Parents dropping by to have impromtu conferences.  Parent reminder? 
Data sheets?  What happened with last term's data?  Just data...data sheets will be compared.
Homework Policy status?  Zeros? Roll out new policy 2012-2013
Year end grade?  Matt
House Parties-dates/times in an email

Leadership Team-February 29, 2012

posted Feb 29, 2012, 10:11 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Feb 29, 2012, 11:00 AM ]

Homework Policy-Revised
discussed zero...detention for no homework
Revised rubrics-read & reviewed 

February 15, 2012

posted Feb 15, 2012, 10:30 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Feb 15, 2012, 11:06 AM ]

What's up?  
Reminder to ask visitors to sign at front desk
Security badges?
  • Essential Habits meeting with teachers/Feb. 28,29,30
  • MCAS? 
  • NWEA?
  • Molly is working on questions?
Study Groups-an opportunity? not more work?

Teacher Evaluation:  
  • DESE protocol will not work for this year (begin planning for next year in March 2012)
  • For the remainder of this year....goal completion/old rubric/HoS observations
  • After renewals/non-renewals-reflection from each teacher/self assessment of professional practice...identify weaknesses...to be addressed in the next year & goal setting for next year...used for levels for following year
Alignment of district goals and professional goals

Leadership Team-February 1, 2012

posted Feb 13, 2012, 8:25 PM by Pam Miller

Leadership Team-February 1, 2012

What’s up

Carol reported that the SpEd Mentor meeting is beneficial to SpEd teachers.




Schedule-Teams have 2 blocks/week to plan (1 is SpEd consult)

How do we get more team time?

How do we differentiate PD for staff….focused on key priorities

$$$ for professional development

Matt wants to find a way for technology 1 to 1-training & implementation

Reading/Writing support


Supporting new teachers


What if?  The schedule increased time on learning…

·      5 -1 hr. blocks

·      integrated arts teachers focus on 1 or 2 grade levels during a trimester

·      we did this activity with entire staff….

·      We had all highly qualified teachers

Leadership Team-January 25, 2012

posted Jan 25, 2012, 10:52 AM by Pam Miller

staff moral
Integration with French and Spanish-Language teachers will talk with Kay for future planning
Tuesday lunches-not enough coverage-equity issues

Leadership Team-January 18, 2012

posted Jan 18, 2012, 10:20 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Jan 18, 2012, 4:40 PM ]

NWEA in process
Reminders to parents re: half days
Open House for parents-be sure every dept. is represented as speakers
Goal setting-going well
PD-Study groups?
March 9 Marblehead PD...Pam will make contact to find out if it is happening.

Leadership Team-December 21, 2011

posted Dec 21, 2011, 11:05 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Dec 21, 2011, 11:05 AM ]

Educator Evaluation
  • teachers
  • evaluators
Team reads for the 1st time
  1. What is the timeline?
  2. Defining indicators?
  3. What about people who do not have previous rating?
  4. How is the initial rating determined?
  5. Portfolio to be created as part  of PD?  
  6. Will categories be weighted?
  7. Shared faculty goal?
  8. How is pay scale related?

December 14, 2011

posted Dec 14, 2011, 10:50 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Dec 14, 2011, 11:10 AM ]

Classroom Observations-looked at revised Observation Form(previously called 10-minute observation form). Gave feedback to Nina.
Documentation-Needed for term 1-clean copies of units/rubrics/lessons + lessons (3-5 lessons, beginning, middle, end of term...variety)
purpose of documentation?  evaluative? Yes
New Educator Eval Protocol
    What will it look like for us? This was emailed to members of Leadership Team.
Power School Feedback
School Climate Survey
Term 2 Overview, Calendar, etc
Overviews due by Friday, January 6, 2012....to be followed by calendar and rubrics

December 7, 2011

posted Dec 7, 2011, 10:27 AM by Pam Miller   [ updated Dec 7, 2011, 11:03 AM ]

Attending:  Nina, Molly W. Jed, Matt, Mike R. Becca, Pam, Molly D. Carol.
Homework Policy-meetings being held this week to discuss and clarify.
Rosetta Stone-requirement 7 & 8-90 minutes, 4-6-60 minutes  Is it too much?  Conversation needed about amount of homework given with whole staff/
Nina at team meetings-purpose? Good idea...Nina wanted to know how team was communicating.
Coordinated Program Review-site visit is Janruary 23rd...December 20th-record review
MAPS-Molly and Nina will gather previously used MAP materials for our meeting today.
PD/IA mtg-planning-reminder at bits and pieces.
Expectations for the group-What do we do with the information we share.  

1-10 of 74