(Approximately one hour…leave time for questions)
Introductions/Teacher Bios (keep it short)
MAP meeting info
Expectations for students and parents
Curriculum Overview(use your curriculum map as a guide to communicate what students will know and be able to do by the end of the
year....year long essential questions?)
Communication (how and when will you do it?…how should parents do
Assessment (How and when will you do this?)
Reading at Home/KHAN expectations
Folders with handouts
Student Work is on display (check out nearby bulletin boards and be sure they show student work)
● Engage parents at the beginning of the presentation (just like you do with students.) Play a short game…or do an activity that gets the parents talking to each other.
● Share the agenda with team members…all members of the team need to talk and participate in your presentation.
● Post your agenda for the evening.
● Dress sharp…be yourself…dazzle your parents with professionalism and concern for your students…this a great opportunity to communicate who you are!
● Any handouts to go in student folders must be delivered to grade level teams by 3:30 PM on Wednesday, October 18, 2013.